Friday, May 27, 2005

Revenge of the Chump

During one of the most anticipated events on the cultural calendar (the debut of Revenge of the Sith) the entire blogosphere rejoiced. Those who love the movie got to post rave reviews and those who didn't got to complain like the whiners they are. All was well in the galaxy. Then, as quietly as he disappeared, the Chump stepped back onto the scene.

His first few posts were of a high quality. Really good blogging. But that was just to lull me into a false sense of security. I was happy to have my friend back, blogging side by side once again. Little did I realize that in the meantime he had turned to the dark side.

In my happiness to have Olen, who I now refer to only as "the Chump," return I did not realize that his posting powers had made him arrogant. His post count rose high, as did his ego. This, I believe, is the flaw that lead to his downfall. In his pride, his unmitigated hubris, he lashed out at me, his closest blogosphere friend.

Read this post. Only when I read this post did I realize that, like Anakin Skywalker, the Chump had turned to the dark side. I was caught off guard, but he did not strike me down. Not at my post? HA! I may have had an off month in May, but I've been fairly consistent in posting once a week.

You're arrogance is your weakness, Chump.

No comments: