Thursday, May 19, 2005

I Have Seen it, and it was Good!

So I went to the midnight show last night. Episode III will not disappoint. *Warning: There may be spoilers ahead* The thing that surprised me the most was how sad I was to see the Jedi die. I guess I had developed a sort of fondness for Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Saesee Tinn, and Mace Windu. Not Kit Fisto, though. I thought he looked stupid in Episode II and never understood why he got some sort of mini-following. Good riddance to that guy.

Of course, I'll need to see it again to fully appreciate all of the light saber duels. Another surprising thing was how close Palpatine came to being defeated...twice. Mace almost had him until Anakin screwed that up, and Yoda could've taken him out in the Senate chamber if he could have held on to that ledge and climbed back up. Back to Mace and Palpatine, though. I suppose he was playing possum for Anakin's sake there. Still, Mace had him on the ropes.

One final comment (for now): Did anyone else think Anakin on the operating table was a pretty gruesome sight? Nasty stuff. I'll probably blog on Star Wars some more later.

No comments: