Thursday, September 17, 2009

Still Pluggin' Away

Just another productivity report:

I've been waking up at 5:30 am this week. On purpose. Mary Ann and I have been struggling to find a good time for me to write these days, and I think this is the best solution. I've tried to do the late night thing; it seems the more 'writerly' thing to do, right? Writers are supposed to stay up late to drink and be tortured by their demons. Unfortunately (?), my demons kept standing me up, so Mary Ann and I broke with our 1-2AM tradition and started hitting the sack at 11:00. Since then things hve gone much better in the writing department.

3 comments:

Seth said...

The snooze button is too easy...

Joshua Duncan said...

That's why I put the alarm out of arm's reach. I have to at least get out of bed to turn the thing off.

Rex Queems said...

Happy Birthday!