Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Publishing Debut

Several months back I got an e-mail from a guy named David Dunham. David is a representative for the Southern Ohio Theological Society, which had recently started a theological journal. David, having read some of the things I wrote for the Huntington Apologetics Team, contacted me to write for their second issue. The topic assigned to me was atheism and morality, which has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I gladly accepted, and am happy to say that my article, titled 'A Hollow Imperative,' is up on their site. This is my first article to be published by a site that is not run by me or my close friends, so I'm very pleased.

In retrospect, I'm not 100% pleased with the article. It could use a rewrite for stylistic purposes,and I'd like to tighten up the arguments a bit. I have no one to blame but myself, though, because I had enough time to do that. My persistent time management problems struck again. I alo had to delete one whole section called "what is not the question" to meet the space requirements. I may publish it here later. In the meantime, here's the link to my article:

"A Hollow Imperative"

I hope you find it useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and glad to see your posting again. I read the article, it was great stuff. Ironically, I recently posted on the same subject and used (you guessed it!) Stephen Pinker as my example.